Modern cloud platform should be developed with customer-centric principle and focused around users: clients and employees, in contrast to traditional all-in-one packages like ERPs that are built with "accounting-centric" functionality which cannot provide flexibility and responsiveness needed in today’s ever changing business environment.
SaaS applications are design to exploit business potential by simplifying and automating most monotonous/administrative tasks.
Stages of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC):
1. Concept: scope and boundary
2. Planning: resources and solution
3. Analysis: functional requirements
4. Design: detailed system design
5. Development: complete information system
6. Testing: integration and QA
7. Implementation: documentation and training
8. Maintenance: support and updates
9. Disposal: data transfer/archive
SOA-based solutions are designed with the concept of five horizontal layers:
1.Consumer Interface Layer: GUI for end-users and applications to access service
2. Business Process Layer: choreographed services representing business use-cases
3. Services: services are consolidated together on a company level in-service inventory
4. Service Components: components used to build the services, libraries, interfaces
5. Operational Systems: data models, data repository, technological platforms, etc.