Legacy software packages that are built around accounting/reporting functionality, cannot provide flexibility in ever changing business environment. SaaS applications are design to exploit business potential by simplifying and automating administrative tasks.
SOA-based solutions are designed with the concept of five horizontal layers:
1.Consumer Interface Layer: GUI for end-users and applications to access service
2. Business Process Layer: choreographed services representing business use-cases
3. Services: services are consolidated together on a company level in-service inventory
4. Service Components: components used to build the services, libraries, interfaces
5. Operational Systems: data models, data repository, technological platforms, etc.
In addition to five horizontal layers there are also four cross-cutting vertical layers, each of which are applied to and supported by each of the horizontal layers: Integration layer, Quality of service, Informational, Governance.
Stages of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC):
1. Concept: scope and boundary
2. Planning: resources and solution
3. Analysis: functional requirements
4. Design: detailed system design
5. Development: complete information system
6. Testing: integration and QA
7. Implementation: documentation and training
8. Maintenance: support and updates
9. Disposal: data transfer/archive